Lilongwe Golf Club was founded in 1930 and sits on 73 hectares of land. Originally owned by the Baron Family, the family decided to turn it from farm land into a sports complex to offer a place where members of the community could come and relax.
Starting with humble beginnings of only a few holes, the golf course was later upgraded into today’s 18 hole course, the only championship course in Malawi.
The club’s first Chairman was J.C Abraham, who was elected in 1930 for one year. Dean Lungu was the first black chairman, who served from 1996 – 1997. Current Chairman is Justine Mkandawire.